Wednesday, May 13, 2009

REFLECTION: WEEKS 15 &16

Here it is folks....last reflection of the semester~! Sad but true...

Week 15 & 16:
Last week we had the opportunity to meet Sue Whitney a professional Junker! It was really interesting because she shared her past about how she had been junking all her life and finally ended up doing it as a profession! She seemed really cool and laid back about junking questions and her perspective on creating different things! She also gave us these really cool books, "JUNK Beautiful-The Outdoor Edition" which was very generous of her! Because of finals I haven't had the opportunity to look through it but I plan to before I go out garage hoppin' this summer!

For our last class we presented Dr. V with the picture frame with all our junk on it! Then we went outside where everyone had the opportunity to reflect on the entire semester and say the most interesting thing they learned or what experience was most valuable to them. It was really fun to end our class outside and reflect on blogging and the environment. Just listening to everyone's comments made me realized how much we really learned throughout the semester and how close we've all become through blogging!

Our main online activity was to create an online learning activity to educate our blog groups on our issue we chose for our advocacy project! My activity was about indoor allergens and where they can be found in your house. I thought it was pretty fun because some of the places I never knew of. Then our job was to complete everyone's online learning activity in our Group and do an Eye Opener about our results! I thought this was fun and learned alot (photo created to Dr.V.) about phobias, lead, and health insurance! Great job Group #1=)



Overall, I had a ton of fun in this class and learned a lot about blogging and the environment! Some of my favorite were:

Freaking out about blogging the first two weeks of class!

The Story of Stuff

Photo Essays

Bagley Nature Area -learning how to use a compass

Junking-yay for this summer!

Eat less meat and cheese-it's better for the environment

Group #1 is creative-and awesome!


5 comments:

  1. Great overview Shar-
    I think that our class learned a lot for the most part and will use the knowledge in the future. I am really going to miss this class since it's my favorite and we're all a unique group. Thank you for everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shar!!!
    Great last reflection. I had so much fun reading your blogs, definitely had a personal touch! I am so glad to have become good friends this semester! We are for sure hanging out lots this summer!!
    Thanks for the good times Twinnn! :)

    Love, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Shar! Good job with this last reflection! This semester was a blast! And heck yes to Group 1 being awesome! Have a good one!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shar Great job friend! Your blogs are so much fun to read! For sure i hope to be seeing you 932 hours a week this summer :) You have no choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shar- Good job!! Have a great summer!! I had fun this semester!:)

    ReplyDelete